Monday, April 26, 2010

Rehab 4470 - Kitchen Cabinets are in!

The cabinets were installed while I was out of town this week and they look killer.  Quite honestly I think this is shaping up to the best kitchen redo we've ever done.  At any rate I'm excited that we are past tearing walls out and  now we are putting things back together. I'll put more pictures out there after we get the appliances, under counter lighting, granite, and back splash installed in the next few weeks.

I sometimes find it relaxing doing physical labor - it gives my brain a rest.  So today it was sanding sheetrock in the master bathroom, digging out the last stump in the front yard, removing the vanity in the second bath, removing the marble window sills in the dining room, and attempting to purchase tile for the house all before my noon cutoff time frame (after which we were headed to the beach with the guests). 

Actually we purchased the tile but the yo-yos could not find the key for the warehouse door so we could not pick it up and bring it back to the house.  It was going to take 3 trips total since my truck can only hold so much. 

In the afternoon we met with our realtor to look at a few houses on Anna Maria island.  Turns out he has a trailer that might make it a one trip excursion to pick up the tile.  So looks like Monday we'll make another attempt to pick up the tile.  Its 18 x 18 porcelain with a rough finish which makes it easier to walk it on with wet feet - like when you're walking between the kitchen and the pool for ice.

No comments: