Saturday, December 18, 2010

Beach House Withdrawl

 
Lido Shores Condo 350 South Polk Dr

We started cleaning up the Beach House (condo) today since we are about 2 weeks away from moving out for 4 months while it's rented during high season.  In fact we've only got three renters over the four months of 2011 (Jan - Apr) and two have rented from the previous owner (who we purchased from) in the past.   There's a one month minimal rental period in the building and about a third of the owners rent.
Since we purchased the unit we have spent a considerable amount of time here and in fact have lived here continously for the past 3 months of 2010.  We were unsure if we'd really like it down here all the time and what we've found  "WE DO".  In fact we've already started a search for a bigger place that we can live in and have intentions of selling the house.  Yeap the house where we've lived for the past 10 years and finally got to just where we like it.


The Office that Jan set up for me

Living at the beach has been both relaxing and a lot more work.  Not only did we rehab the place but I also found that I ended up working out of the condo when I was in town.  It helped that Jan set me up a little office on the back porch when I was in China - it was a nice surprise when I got back.  I found that over time when I could not sleep I would starting checking emails or catching up on other work related tasks - hence the problem.  I work more at the condo that I ever have.  There's something to be said for getting up and going somewhere, like an office, and not starting work at the crack of dawn.  I'm an early guy anyway and when there's stuff to do I find it hard to lay in bed with my eyes open.

Our friends the Maguires
It is nice though to grab a cup of coffee, throw some clothes on, and walk across the street to the beach.   Or when it was a little warmer I'd do 5 miles to the bridge and back and then cool off in the ocean before tracking sand and water back up to the unit.  It's hard to explain how it decompresses the soul - perhaps it's the sound of the waves and water..

We've also had a lot of fun with our friends over the past 3 months.  The sunsets are spectacular here and our ritual seems to be sunset on the beach with cocktails or wine followed by a nice dinner upstairs or at the circle.   We've had a bit of a revolving door which we like and will miss the place over the next four months.

I consider us extremely lucky because never did imagine we'd actually have a place like this.  Now that we do we will be working even harder to get an even bigger an nicer dream.  All those nights, weekends, aches, and pains all seem worth it now.  Happy rehab and come visit us sometime, we'd love to have you.



No comments: