Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rehab 4470 - Paint and Tearing it Out

After a couple of months Jan finally closed on the latest rehab property while I was out of town.  In the first week she painted the living room and den and pretty much got the doors down, verticals in the trash and valences out.  Along the way she found a new painting tool that took hours off painting the den when cutting the paint back from the ceiling.  She chose the tan color we've been very successful with in the past.  The picture shows the living room with patio sliders to the right and door to the master bed room to the left.

After a week of painting we spent a week on vacation and returned on Saturday all rested up.  Since I had been out of town for several weeks I had a need to spend some time at the house on Sunday to contribute.   I started on the Master Suite where I removed the carpet and tack strips.  I was happy to see that the carpet pad was not glued down like the last house.  From there it was into the toilet room to rip out the old tile, closet to rip out the carpet and then finally the linoleum in the master bath which after I got it half out realized I should have just tiled over it.


From there I decided to get some fresh air and start ripping out the landscape in the front yard.  After trying several times to crank up the chainsaw I gave up and we called it a day.  After all it was the last day of our vacation and we needed one last cocktail this time by our pool.

No comments: